Old June 27th 20, 12:35 AM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Rene Lamontagne

Default Win 10 v2004 keeps trying to optimize SSD's?

On 2020-06-26 5:41 p.m., Yousuf Khan wrote:
According to this video:

https://youtu.be/ffHIY6pOJUk

Win 10 v2004 has a bug in it where it keeps coming back after every
reboot and it says that the SSD needs to be reoptimized again. But it
realizes that it's an SSD, it's not actually running a defrag on the
drive, all it's doing is running the Trim command on it.

As far as I know, the Trim command is passive, it doesn't actually
rearrange anything on the drive, just goes through and marks deleted
space as ready for reuse again. I think this should be just fine, it's
not a problem. What do you think?

I got two SSD's in my system, and it indeed does come back after every
reboot to say it requires an optimization. But I'm not worried about this.

Â*Â*Â*Â*Yousuf Khan

Never happens here on 2 machines with SSDs cold booted every morning.

Rene