Old January 22nd 16, 11:17 PM posted to alt.windows7.general,comp.periphs.printers,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,alt.comp.hardware
micky

Default The travails of installing a different printer.

[Default] On Mon, 18 Jan 2016 22:42:19 -0500, in
microsoft.public.windowsxp.general Micky
wrote:

BTW, the Printer Preferences I got for Vista has more options than the
one I have for XP, maybe just because it was written later, 2007.

Not only that, the new driver, that I got from a 3rd party site, not
Samsuing, came with Easy Capture Manager, a simple frree program that
helps format print output when one presses PrintScreen.

I didn't know this until I accidentally pressed that key! There are
better such programs of course, but it's free, and usually when I have
hardware but not the original CD, I can't get the software that came
on the CD.

This was a welcome change.

Only things the printer always had the ability to do, but the software
is better. For example it now has Fit to Page, and Reduce or Enlarge,
25 to 400%, Print all text to dark, Print all text to black,
Watermark, Overlay, Print Order (reverse, odd, even), Poster Printing,
and maybe new, Multiple pages per page. I think all those are new.
And in 3 cases, the little graphic changes when the setting is
changed.