Old January 19th 16, 07:35 AM posted to alt.windows7.general,comp.periphs.printers,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,alt.comp.hardware
J. P. Gilliver (John)

Default The travails of installing a different printer.

In message , Micky
writes:
[]
BTW, the Printer Preferences I got for Vista has more options than the
one I have for XP, maybe just because it was written later, 2007.

Only things the printer always had the ability to do, but the software
is better. For example it now has Fit to Page, and Reduce or Enlarge,
25 to 400%, Print all text to dark, Print all text to black,
Watermark, Overlay, Print Order (reverse, odd, even), Poster Printing,
and maybe new, Multiple pages per page. I think all those are new.
And in 3 cases, the little graphic changes when the setting is
changed.

Not sure about "things the printer always had the ability to do": all of
those sound like things any printer _could_ do, since they could/can be
done by the PC, not the printer.
--
J. P. Gilliver. UMRA: 1960/1985 MB++G()AL-IS-Ch++(p)Ar@T+H+Sh0!:`)DNAf

"I have a perfect cure for a sore throat. Cut it." - Alfred Hitchcock