Old December 25th 09, 01:46 AM posted to comp.sys.mac.advocacy,alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq,comp.sys.hp.hardware
Steve de Mena[_2_]

Default HP DV6936us - dead 29 days after warranty expires

Justin wrote:
http://tinypic.com/r/246vo6v/6
http://tinypic.com/r/n69r46/6

HP wanted $104 just to troubleshoot. Of course I talked to "Linda"
whose real name is Deependra Guptda Mukkalukkafukkachucka.
I plug the god damn thing in, and I get a blue pulsating light as seen
above.

I bought this for my mom last Christmas. Isn't that just wonderful?
Aren't I a good son?
No. I'm a terrible son, I should have bought her a ****ing Mac - but
No, the HP was cheaper.
So let's run down the cost of this piece of ****.

$700 Original cost
$50 Shipping
$100 Tech "troubleshoot" cost
$150+ Repair labor (guestimate)
$160 Motherboard (per ebay)
$20 Power adapter (if that's the problem)
$1,180 Total

WOW! So tell me... How should I quantify the downtime? She runs her
own business. I'll make up a number. $1,000
So the total comes to $2,180.

Where are the savings?

They wanted $100+ just to talk to me? How dare they. How can they
justify that? Doctors and Psychiatrists don't charge that much.
Plumbers don't charge that much for an on site service call, but these
douchebags want that much just to troubleshoot? I understand a change
for repair - but just to talk? Not even one hour of free phone time.
Call girls (not street walkers) run $200 for the first hour. So talking
to some stinky third world crusty chemical infested dumbass accented
Maheshwara worshiping thing; costs half as much as it would to nail a 21
year old model??!

One more Apple customer.

If I sold this on eBay I would get $400 for it. So I'm supposed to
spend 25% of the total cost just to talk to another Guptda
Mukkalukkafukkachucka so he can tell me I need to pay another $200 to
replace the board?

Last year when I called Apple for a problem with a MB 13" I talked to an
American. Had an RMA in ten minutes, box was sent to me the next day,
shipped to their repair center, and was returned in two more days. It
started on Monday, I had my machine back on Friday.

You called apple while it was UNDER WARRANTY. You are comparing
apples and oranges here.

Why didn't you spring for a 3 year HP warranty, typically onsite NBD
after phone troubleshooting, if this machine is critical for a business?

I'd Google your problems first & see if there is an easy solution,
like new power supply.

Steve