Old July 19th 07, 11:28 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Jan Alter

Default "Non genuine Ink" message on Epson - can you get rid of it?

"'Nel'" wrote in message
I have a DX3800 and using compatible ink cartridges. I'm not concerned
about the poorer ink quality as I only use it for printing daily work
schedules, but I'm getting sick of the constant warning message with EVERY
print!!!

Is there any way to get rid of it, short of using genuine cartridges of
course?!!

Thanks

Easy
Substitute an Epson chip on the aftermarket cartridge from your empty OEM
cartridge and use a chip resetter. Use airplane glue or a little clay in the
cartridge cavity to hold the OEM chip in place.

--
Jan Alter

or