Old July 6th 05, 01:35 AM
Paul

In article , "Egil Solberg"
wrote:

news.lightship.net wrote:
I have a computer that currently has an A7N8X Deluxe board in it. I
have one of those software locking programs that looks for the MAC
address of the network card. My MOBO is definetly on its way out
(hanging, crashing, etc) and I need to put a replacement in.

If I trash this board, then I have to pay a chunk of change to the
deadbeats that lock the software just for them to send me a new
config file for the new MOBO's NIC MAC. Is there a way I can change
the MAC on any of the last A7V or A7N series MOBOs that have the 333
or 400 FSB so that I don't have to pay these clowns a couple of grand
just to change a config file.

For a board based on a nvidia chipset using award bios you can follow
procedure he

http://www.nforcershq.com/forum/view...=127078#127078

There is another thread here, with a couple of pictures.
http://www.nforcershq.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=150240

Paul