Old May 13th 05, 03:30 PM
P2B

Daniel Mandic wrote:
"BigJim" schrieb im Newsbeitrag

no really the p2b needs low density ram

You donīt know the i440BX.

Well P2B, I would suggest you

http://free-pu.htnet.hr/BXRAM/

and http://p196.ezboard.com/bcubx
this is a CuBX Forum but very interesting for P2B/P3B users, too.

Donīt forget to use very well RAM for the BX. 133MHz Cl.2 RAM do not have to
work in a BX with 133 2-2-2 setting, but in most cases it does.

IME Micron PC133 CL3 always tests clean and runs stable at 222 on P2B
boards. Other brands frequently show a few errors per pass in memtest86
and must be run at 333 for stability.

You will also find in the Internet some comments about the stability on P2B
derivates and CuBX. So far as I understood, the CuBX and the P3B-F are the
best for overclocking, operating at 150MHz without problems. My P2B-F for
example is finishing at 140MHz, even you can clock it up to 150. But I have
never gone beyond 105MHz, and staying now at 100MHz. For what should I need
more MHz????

I have two P2B-S systems running Tualatin processors @ 150Mhz FSB with
512MB (2x256) of Corsair PC150 CL2, long term stable. I'd get more of
the same RAM if I could find it...

Maybe your P2B cannot operate the Tualatin? Voltage regulator?

The systems have all been running Tualatins @ 133Mhz FSB with 256MB for
1-2 years.

What I don't understand is why they won't detect 512MB - but my test
system with the same board and BIOS revisions, and same RAM voltage
(within 100mV) does so every time.

Best Regards,

Daniel Mandic

P.S.: For BX enthusiasts like me: I have found an article (Japan) about a BX
with 200MHz FSB givin 2100 MHz Tualatin. You would need a Intel extreme
edition to outdistance such a system :-)

I find that hard to believe - even the best Tualatin cores top out
around 1700Mhz, and what would you use for RAM?

P2B