Old March 19th 08, 07:41 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Bill

Default 9800GX2 Immediate Availability

In article Q20Ej.111025$w57.57188@edtnps90,
says...
$540? NewEgg has two (After rebate but work with me) GTS's at the $210
price point, so that would be $440...I think you meant to type $440

I'd spring for the MSI one, get Witcher, and hold off installing it until
May when the US-English version patch/update is slated to be released.

Well, $420 actually, but yes you can get 8800GTS units for peanuts if you're
willing to wait for the money back. I always view mail-in-rebates like
scratch and win tickets that you keep in your coat pocket for 3-4 months.
Plus I wanted the cheapest right-now priced factory OC GTS. Even if the
9800X2 comes down by $100-$125 it's a crapola deal. And I suspect that those
bottom end 8800GTS's in SLI would match or beat it.

I just bought that card Monday at Newegg and it was 5 dollars
more. Oh well. Installed it an hour ago using the 169.21 drivers.
Too bad my board doesn't do SLI.

Bill