Old June 13th 08, 05:14 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
measekite

Default Which inkjet for cheap refillables?

There is no good ink and what there is causes trouble.  Just read the posts for a while.

Arthur Entlich wrote: Probably the easiest to refill, if you are looking for dye inks, as opposed to pigments, is the Canon line.  However, with the newer models you need to turn off the ink monitoring system and be cautious that the ink levels do not drop to empty, as the head can become damaged should you try to run it with an empty cartridge.

Otherwise, you can still find a few sources for Epson style refillable cartridges from some 3rd party dealers.

Art

If you are interested in issues surrounding e-waste,
  I invite you to enter the discussion at my blog:

      http://e-trashtalk.spaces.live.com/

dexx wrote:
Which of the currently available colour inkjets have good fast output,
yet can take ink cart refills or cheap third party cartridges?