Old October 29th 06, 10:13 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Rick Blaine

Default Lexmark extends its "Return Program" restrictions to ink

"Yianni" wrote:

the ink consuming nation is fast becoming aware that new
high-priced OEM products do not have to be tolerated.

I never understood this attitude. I can recall paying $800 and more for dot
matrix printers not that long ago.

That was painful - and the printer companies realized that a lot of people could
afford that kind of pain, so they came up with a deal where color (gasp!)
printers could be had for a song and the ink would payback the dev costs and
earn a profit.

A lot like people who can't afford to buy a car, so they lease.