Old April 16th 18, 09:49 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.os.windows-10
...w¡ñ§±¤ñ

Default Extra Recovery Partitions

Larc wrote:

My main drive has a 100 MB UEFI partition, a 16 MB MSR partition and then C: (system
partition). Nothing more. I always have fresh Macrium Reflect backups and Windows
installation media, so have no need for any recovery partition. Each Windows 10
spring and fall update steals 450 MB at the end of C and creates a recovery
partition, but I delete it and merge that space back into C.

The 16MB MSR partition indicates GPT instead of an MBR partition type

Fyi...The 100 MB UEFI partition is the *System* partition(aka Volume)
that holds the bootloader files. The C: partition is the Boot
Partition(aka Volume) that holds the operating system.

The nomenclature can be confusing naming the o/s the Boot
Volume(Partition). The easiest way to rationalize the two
- System Partition handshakes with the motherboard, loads the
bootloader files, boots the device then passes control to the Boot
Volume to load Windows.

--
msft mvp 2007-2016, insider mvp 2016-2018