Old October 21st 05, 08:22 PM
Dave The Brain

Default Big Oops! Please help a newbie

I suspect it is the first one. MS8308E. I am unfortunatley unable to
open the case until my friend opens it for me. A case of shaky hands
I'm afraid., I have emailed the seller of the chip (which is yet to
arrive) to ask about stepping and whther the chip is locked. I believe
he did not have time to test it himself before selling it to me.

Cheers
David

On Fri, 21 Oct 2005 17:52:10 GMT, Wes Newell
wrote:

On Fri, 21 Oct 2005 09:58:59 +0000, Dave The Brain wrote:

"Mainboard"
Matsonic MS8308E
Chipset SiS 730 rev 02
Sensor IT 0

BIOS
American Megatrends v. 062710

Label on the computer box says axon IT Solutions

Looking on the Matsonic web site I got this information:-

MS8308E Series

Bios type: AMI TOP

030808.zip Date : 2003-08-08
instruction : MS8308EP(266) PCB Ver3.1 (FSB 266MHz), Support AMD XP

010912.exe Date : 2001-09-12
instruction : MS8308E PCB Ver 1.1 , 1.2

8308-d.zip Date : 2001-02-27
instruction : MS8308D PCB Ver 1.1 (W/O LAN)

BIOS Flash Utility AMI Flash : aminf340.zip

The first board (EP) would be the best. Do you know which one you have?
Model number should be on the board and rev. should be on sticker on one
of the ISA/PCI sockets. All use the same ram. PC133 would be best, but it
shouldn't matter as long as the 2600+ cpu isn't locked.