Old January 5th 05, 06:26 PM
Eugene

Whytoi wrote:

I have just discovered that Dell has a very strict demarcation b/n
their so called business line of computers and those for home users. I
tried to buy a Latitude for a friend but got stopped by Dell's need for
company account etc.

What's Dell's thinking in making this demarcation? It's crazy isn't it?
I don't need those fancy and colorful covering on a laptop, but just a
robust machine.

I am aware that I can pick up a Latitude from eBay and other source.
But it's a slightly more risky route.

--

I didn't know if it was required or not and ordered on the phone and told
them "independent contractor"

Its the whole Business vs personal thing. People say I don't need to drive
a truck but I got tired of reaplacing vehicles every few years, so I bought
a truck since it was designed to last longer since it was intended to be
used for a business. I buy all contractor grade tools instead of black and
decker crap as well.