Old January 5th 05, 03:52 PM
S.Lewis

"Whytoi" wrote in message
In article , Robert R Kircher, Jr.
wrote:

"Whytoi" wrote in message
I have just discovered that Dell has a very strict demarcation b/n
their so called business line of computers and those for home users. I
tried to buy a Latitude for a friend but got stopped by Dell's need for
company account etc.

Make up something? There are a lot of us who only buy from small
business
with or without a real company.

But the guy said that you need a company reference number or something,
and also a company account. Well, guess I could have been smarter and
made up a story. But I didn't know how rigorously they enforced those
rules. So...

Tell me more, I'll remember it next time.

--

"Whytoi Enterprises", with your usual home address and phone.

Be sure you're calling the small business division ( I was told 400
employees or less). You shouldn't have a problem.

That should get you your Latitude.

Stew