Old January 5th 05, 01:53 PM
Whytoi

In article , Robert R Kircher, Jr.
wrote:

In any
event, I don't know exactly how the phone in system works anymore but if you
happened to get piped over to Home as apposed to Small Business the sales
geek may have been giving you the run around because they are two different
groups and he'd lose the commission because he'd have to pass you off to the
SB group.

Yes, I think that was the exact reason why an extra order was made on
my account (see previous post). The unethical agent in the home user
section rather than spending 2 mins on modifying my existing order
(alteration to the delivery method + an extra charge), she just went
ahead and added an identical order, at the same time lying to me on the
phone to say that the only way to do it was to cancel the present order
and generate a brand new one. The end result would have been further
delays in the delivery date for a further $69 out of my pocket. Just as
well I smelled fish and told her to do nothing and called back to
another agent.

Anyway, this kind of behaviour is so typical of those New York
photographic mail order stores, one that is most unbecoming of Dell.
The more I think about it, the more it ****es me off...