Old February 9th 04, 06:09 PM
Homie

Many semiconductors are designed to run at temps as high as 125c....... but the
cooler they are kept , the better the slew rates, the better the slew rate, the better
the thermal efficiency, the better the thermal efficiency, the cooler they run....the
cooler they run, the longer they last .......
Cool huh?

Homie

--
Mainboards, Videocards & CPU pin repair.

http://motherboardrepair.com

"Wayne Youngman" wrote in message
Hi,

I just bought myself a new Digital Thermometer today, and the first thing I
could think of testing was the *South-Bridge* of the NF7-S system I just
sold.

Since the machine didn't have any hard-disks I just let it load up memtest
x86 and loop for a while.

15 minutes later. . . .the reading from LCD display was. . . .68°C lol!

I know we discussed this before (a few months ago), but isn't that too hot?
I did try to find some pre-made heatsinks in the *U.K* but no luck. Why
didn't anyone start selling heatsinks for the nForce2 boards?

The South-Bridge is situated very close to the AGP slot so I have no idea
how people are using Zalman heatsinks, surely they get in the way of the AGP
card, especially if it has a meaty heatsinks itself?
--
Wayne ][
new specs coming soon!