Old July 31st 04, 03:03 PM
B A Haynes

Thanks for the info.
"HH" wrote in message
No on the clone motherboard, for reasons cited in the Compaq FAQ.
HH

"B A Haynes" wrote in message
m...
I have a Presario 7PL290 that will not boot. It started off freezing up
after a few minutes of running ME. After powering it off it would boot

back
up and immediately lockup again. Now it will not even boot to the first
screen. All fans are running, the harddrive clicks for about two seconds

and
the CDROMS light up. I have swapped out memory, harddrive, video card

and
IDE cables from known good parts with no difference. Is it likely the
motherboard is dead and if so will this case take a clone motherboard.
Thanks for any assistance.