Old March 13th 09, 03:25 AM posted to comp.sys.intel
noratech[_2_]

Default SBC 80/20 Multibus

The SBC docs (mostly paper) and boards are not so easy to come by. Herb
has the best info I've seen online so far. (see JW's post)

The SBC80/20 needs a multibus I backplane and power supply. Since it
uses the 8080 CPU, the power supply needs to delivery both plus & minus
5V as well as plus and minus 12v. So an SYP310 or later chassis won't
work. Intel didn't use the 8085 until the SBC80/24.

You can put several SBC (single board computers) in a chassis. Sort of
like mutliple cores And also add more RAM and peripheral
controllers, like the ISA bus on early PCs.

The major chips on the 80/20 are two 8255s (parallel port interface)
one 8254 timer, one 8251 uart and one 8259 interrupt controller.

Firmware is the next issue. You will need to write your own unless the
board still has the original Intel monitor eproms (probably 4 x 2716s)
or the developer kept some of the monitor code.

The dasm80 disassembler will run in a CMD window on XP if you can
extract the data from the eproms in Intel Hex format. You may still be
able to find an 8080 assembler on simtel.net (such as mac8080.zip).

Hope this is helpful.

--
noratech