Old July 8th 03, 02:24 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird
Verne Cotton

Default CPU temperature

Hi all,
It seems that these AMD's run very hot. I have an oversized cpu fan and an
extra intake fan on the front and that took my system temp down to about 30C
from 40C and cpu temp down to 52 from 67. It seems that the important thing
is lots of crossflow ventilation so you have to make sure that the front fan
pulls the air in and the back fan blows it back out of the case for maximum
efficiency.
Best,
Verne

"Robert Creasey" wrote in message
I have just built a system with a MSI k7n2g ilsr mainboard with an XP

2600+.
CPU temperature shows between 55C and 59C. Is this normal? The cpu was

boxed
and uses the standard amd cooler and fan. Thanks in advance.
Rob