Old December 13th 03, 06:17 AM
coop

"TB" wrote in message ...
"coop" wrote in message
om...
I have a MultiMedia #8950, S/N P196007583+,mother board PB911, Floppy
Boot BPCS #143153-04, Master CD #175520-02, Recovery CD #172200-01,
Companion CD #172201-01. I couldn't seem to 'restore' my hard drive to
its original state, so I did a 'Format c:' and erased my hard drive,
thinking I could restart with my floppy & Master CD & restore my
computer that way. No Luck! Everything seems to be ok when booting up,
but then at the blue screen I get the message: "This Master CD is for
use with a Packard Bell computer, if this is a Packard Bell computer
call tech support"... It doesn't recognize it's a PB???? It SAYS
Packard Bell on my monitor when booting up! I have been able to
re-install Win98se, but it lacks a lot of drivers! No sound, very
little color options, no modem, etc. How can I get the system to
recognize it IS a PB???? All of the disks seem to be fine when
accessing them in windows, but I just can't get the recovery to boot
all the way to where I can start the process! Please Help!! I read
about a 'tattoo' that I think may be my problem. However, when I
looked on the MasterCD in the drivers file, I could not find the
'tattoo' and the other file I needed to put on my boot disk in order
to re-install the original 'tattoo' on my hard drive. How can I find
the 'tattoo' & get it put back on my hard drive? (If this is indeed my
problem).
Thank You!

After format, did you do a "sys C" to transfer system files to your PC?

TonyB

I'm pretty sure I did do a 'sys c:' but
I'll try it again... but like I was saying at the end of my original
post, I could not find the tattoo and shellhs files on my master CD or
the restore cd or the companion cd, either. Am I looking in the wrong
place?