Old September 25th 13, 07:57 AM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-8,comp.periphs.printers
Gernot Hassenpflug[_4_]

Default Can't print photos from Windows 8 (64-bit)

David Rance writes:

On Thu, 19 Sep 2013 Gene E. Bloch wrote:

On Thu, 19 Sep 2013 09:31:38 +0100, David Rance wrote:

Well, thanks for all your suggestions, folks. They were all quite
logical. But in the end the solution was simply *not* logical. Why
should a 64-bit barf at being told to print borderless? It just doesn't
make sense.

Somehow I completely agree :-)

I'm guessing that it's a bug in the driver, and furthermore I'm
pessimistic enough to believe that HP won't fix it.

I hope I'm wrong about that.

I don't think you're wrong, judging by my past experience with them. I
had to ditch perfectly good but older HP printers when upgrading to
Win XP some years ago simply because they didn't provide updated
fully-featured drivers for them. What annoyed me more than anything
was that they said the updated drivers were fully featured but were
only basic. I wasted many phone calls with them where they pointed me
to what they said really were fully featured drivers. I won't say they
told me lies because I do think that the people I spoke to really
believed what they were saying, in ignorance of course.

At least the updated driver for Win 8 really is fully featured even
though the 2610 is fairly old, even though the 64-bit driver seems to
have this bug. Can't say the same for the 8750 - that's just a basic
updated driver, but doesn't pretend to be anything else.

Why do I stick with HP printers? Well, I like that fact that the
printing head *is* the cartridge so the whole thing is replaced when
the ink runs out. And they're not bad printers.

To second Paul's suggestion of trying a thin border, I would also try
borderless, but adjust (slider bar) the "overprinting" until it is
minimum (which should be 0, i.e., exactly the physical dimensions of the
media).
See if it works: maybe there is broken logic around the comparison of
media size and printing area size.
--
Gernot Hassenpflug