Old September 20th 13, 07:13 PM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-8,comp.periphs.printers
charlie

Default Can't print photos from Windows 8 (64-bit)

On 9/19/2013 3:42 AM, David Rance wrote:
On Wed, 18 Sep 2013 ...winston wrote:

There are no error messages. The info window says that it is sending the
file to the printer and, if I click on the printer icon which tells me
about spooled jobs, it tells me that there is 1 print job waiting. But
without printing, it just goes to 0 print jobs and there is no sign of
what happened to the file.

In your original post...you noted it was connected via ethernet
- connected via router, hub, etc ?

The HP2610 A-I-O is also capable of usb connections.
- Does it perform satisfactorily when connected via USB ?

Haven't tried that. The printer is a little too far away from the
computer to be able to do it easily. If you could see my study you'd
understand why!

David

A couple of thoughts - - -
If the printer is connected directly to the computer, does the large
file printing problem go away?
Have you tried "printing directly" (Disables spooler use)
With earlier windows versions, both of the above have at least shed some
light on the problem.

With an ethernet, usb, or WiFi connection, there is a timeout
possibility. Another possibly related issue was that the printer's
status monitor could cause problems with networked printers. If so it
usually can be turned off or disabled.
At least it's not a Lexmark printer G

There were some instances I ran across that actually "double spooled"
the print job. One was the usual spooler, and the other was a network
related spooler/buffer.