Old September 19th 13, 08:22 AM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-8,comp.periphs.printers
...winston

Default Can't print photos from Windows 8 (64-bit)

Gene E. Bloch wrote:
On Wed, 18 Sep 2013 18:17:43 -0400, ...winston wrote:

In your original post...you noted it was connected via ethernet
- connected via router, hub, etc ?

The HP2610 A-I-O is also capable of usb connections.
- Does it perform satisfactorily when connected via USB ?

That's good thinking... Definitely worth a try.

Wish I'd thought of that :-)

I've seen similar difficulties reported in the past on both ethernet and
network connected printers. Sometimes Windows throws up a connection
error and other times a spool error while the printer device continues
to show a document waiting to be printed.

The op doesn't appear to be receiving any error messages.

In the cases I noted the connection is lost (ethernet or shared network
device). Other causes seem to be correlated to a faulty driver install
on a networked pc but not certain if that applies in this case.

--
...winston
msft mvp consumer apps