Old October 21st 10, 02:11 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

Default Drivers for SoundBlaster X-FI XtremeMusic. (D)w/Dolby Digital 5.1, 64-Bit Win 7 drivers

Dave writes:

On Oct 19, 5:04*pm, "William R. Walsh" wrote:
Hi!

That's not a safe assumption about OEM versions of Creative
sound cards. *I ran into this several years ago: I tried to use
Creative's drivers with one of their cards that came with my
computer, and they didn't work.

What card was it--or what model was it most closely related to?

I have never had problems using the Creative sourced drivers (that is,
if they sourced any to start with--there are some cards where you can
only upgrade the drivers and not do a fresh install) with any OEM-
provided Creative sound card.

As far as I know, Creative builds all of their own cards, whether OEMs
use them or they go to retail. The only exception I'm aware of would
be the old ViBRA chipset.

I remember a discussion thread somewhere (not sure if it was on this
NG or elsewhere) talking about OEM versions of hardware being cut down
only with watered down software--and regaining their full
functionality when the retail version of the drivers were put into
use.

William

Sorry if I seem like an ASS....but isn't this guy a bit needy.
This guy can afford a dell precision computer (WAY overpriced),
so why could he not have had a custom built (with NO oem crap)
computer for a similar price.
ALL his problems revolve around DELL specific problems
which they won't currently address.

I only post Dell questions here. I have had plenty of other
questions, posed to the Photoshop group, the SSH group, the
Win-7 Group, so far on Linux I am just reading documentation
and forums, I expect I will have lots of questions for some
groups on that when I get further into it..

Just because I have lots of Dell questions here doesn't mean
I don't have lots of other questions elsewhere.

You are right, I should have built my own. I chickened out...
So call me a coward...

But all the problems to date have been solved, one way or another.
A new one came up today, but it is not Dell related.

He JUST needs to wait for updated drivers...etc from Dell.

They quite explicitly said they will not update those drivers.
As I mentioned in the first post in this thread.

Most people DON'T have this computer so we are
not going to very helpful.

In the 15 years I have asked questions here there has been
a lot of help, and still is. It is one of the better places
left in my Usenet groups.

Sorry for the rant.

De nada...

Dave

--
Andrew Hall
(Now reading Usenet in alt.sys.pc-clone.dell...)