Old August 16th 05, 12:32 AM
winux

I just looked at a review on Tom's Networking on the Iomega NAS 200d,
and it charted some comparisons on write speed amongst several other
NAS units. I noticed the Tritton unit (same as Argosy) comes in
third--and the Iomega and the second place charter (Synopsis, or
something like that--Canadian and Euro only, it seems), barely beat
out the Tritton/Argosy. I would like to say I thought a previous
review from Tom's shot down the performance on the unit, but it looks
like they re-tested. I am now very happy I got the cheapest and
fastest unit.

I can't wait until they make it faster, if possible!

Oh, I looked at their read chart, and they are pretty low still, but I
think write perfomance is more important--I am BACKING up files and
STORING files, and reading them is not a big thing for me all the
time.