Old May 30th 04, 07:33 PM
Bob Pownall

Tom Scales wrote:
Seems like an honest mistake to me. I can't imagine anyone stealing a 256mb
dimm (and buying their own 128mb dimm to replace it).

Only in the US would people jump straight to believing it was intentional.

Tom

I think the appropriate comment is:

"Never attribute to malice what may be equally well explained by
incompetence."

No idea who said that originally; I've seen it attributed to everyone
from the British WwII prime minister Winston Churchill to the American
science fiction author Robert Heinlein. (As well as numerous variations
on the same theme.) I've always liked the quote, though.

Bob Pownall