Old June 26th 18, 09:57 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
[email protected]

Default 5.25" floppy drive to IDE to USB?

On Saturday, April 18, 2009 at 3:01:44 PM UTC-7, Anthony K. wrote:
Is it possible to get a vintage 5.25" PC floppy drive connected to a
modern PC with no floppy controller and just USB/FireWire inputs? Do IDE
5.25" floppy drives exist? If so, I could drop one into a USB enclosure.
Is there an adapter that would let me connect a floppy drive to an IDE
interface?

My specific machine is a Macintosh so I'm certain there are additional
BIOS issues, but I figure, as long as I am able to get the drive mounted
via USB, I could run Windows or just virtualize DOS in order to see the
drive properly.

Any ideas?

Anthony K.

The Kayro from Software Preservation Society http://softpres.org/glossary:kryoflux might work. I have one on order, and hope to get soon.