Old August 22nd 17, 07:56 PM posted to alt.os.linux.ubuntu,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Adam

Default GIMP - Failed to create thumbnail folder'/home/tahr/.thumbnails/normal'

On Mon, 21 Aug 2017 16:45:14 -0400, Paul wrote:

Adam wrote:
[quoted text muted]

Scan Newegg, click the selector for AMD cards, then sort by ratings ?
That ought to uncover something a bit more trouble-free.

My video card reference sites are dead, so that's about the best I can
do now.

When you go with low-end cards, they can be one or two generations
behind in terms of feature sets. Yet, if you buy the expensive stuff,
you're not likely to get a lot of value from it. A Vega for

Thanks (Guru Paul), I don't need expensive bleeding edge technology since
I'm not a gamer. But, I do prefer quality, good performance and price.
Something better than my current AMD video card with DisplayPort/HDMI/DVI-
D is what I'm looking for.

How about brand ? Sapphire vs Gigabyte vs EVGA vs MSI vs other ?
Who makes the best AMD cards ?

BTW, I removed the video card. It had some (not too much) dust so
I blasted the dust out with compressed air as best I can. The fan spins
nicely when hit by compressed air. If that doesn't improve things,
I'll try removing the heatsink and redoing the thermal paste.