Old October 16th 09, 07:55 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Yousuf Khan[_2_]

Default I think I've solved my Spin Retry Count problem

Yousuf Khan wrote:
Daniel Prince wrote:
How long were your IDE cables? Were they flat or round?

They were around 20 inches long, from the furthest ends.

Now, they were rounded cables in both cases. I had thought of using flat
cables, but in the crowded conditions in my case it was pretty difficult
to use them without moving a lot of stuff around. Plus the rounded
cables gave better cooling.

Just an update on this old issue. I finally got a chance to try the same
drives with the flat IDE cables, and the results were the same as when
using the rounded ones. Still no spin retry problem when using the SATA
converters and cables, but the problem always crops up when using any
sort of IDE cable.

Yousuf Khan