Old September 18th 09, 11:01 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
YKhan

Default I think I've solved my Spin Retry Count problem

On Sep 18, 1:18*am, Wad Medani wrote:
His cables were round instead of falt ribbon and over the 18" length
spec limit so it could have very well been his cables. Round cables
are for case mod doodz and not computer savvy minded people.

There were two drives connected through that same cable. It was always
just the one drive that had any problems, the other one didn't. There
are good reasons for non-case-mod-doodz to use rounded cables too:
they are more flexible, and they allow better airflow.

Yousuf Khan