Old September 17th 09, 08:00 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Daniel Prince

Default I think I've solved my Spin Retry Count problem

Yousuf Khan wrote:

I had previously suspected the IDE cables to be the culprits, so I did
change them, but that didn't help any at that time. So at that point I
began suspecting the drive itself was getting old (which it is). Looks
like now that it's going through SATA cables instead of IDE ones, that
the cables were the culprit, even with the newer IDE cables. I'm not
sure if this is endemic to IDE cables in general, or if it was just two
bad IDE cables in a row.

How long were your IDE cables? Were they flat or round?
--
I don't understand why they make gourmet cat foods. I have
known many cats in my life and none of them were gourmets.