Old June 4th 08, 03:38 AM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Mike

Default PC Security Thoughts (Hardware)

On Tue, 3 Jun 2008 03:19:58 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

On 20 May, 15:28, Mike wrote:
Any advise appreciated.

I am thinking i need to find a vendor who sells security cable
(different lengths which is looped at either end.

This will allow us to put te cable through the empty pci vent slots
and then round the desks and padlock them.

Anyone know any better methods for securing pc's to desks or suitable
vendors.

Hi Mike,

I believe we have a product which may meet your requirements :-

http://www.kpcomputerstore.co.uk/sho...ram=cid%3D9%26

Mark,

Its for the base units rather than the notebooks so its just cable and
padlocks we need.

We do have some of those notebooks locks you mention.
There was one time we forgot the combination. It took all of 3
seconds to snap it off the notebook. We damaged the notebook case but
it came straight off. They really should make those notebook locks
with larger/stronger pins imo they really are a joke to get off.