Old July 24th 07, 09:12 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Wes Newell

Default HDTV tuner

On Mon, 23 Jul 2007 19:35:40 -0500, Cal Vanize wrote:

Looking for an HDTV tuner for an HTPC. Native resolution on the LCD TV
is 1366 x 768. We want to use analog antenna (HDTV over the air) AND
analog cable (not HDTV). Video capture is highly desirable.

Computer is a Athlon 3700 San Diego (939), 1 gig memory, 7600GS video
card. XP-Pro SP2, DirX 9c.

Any suggestions?

Depends on what you want. You could get cards with both ATSC and NTSC
tuners on them although you can only use one tuner at a time, so to record
2 shows, you'd still need 2 tuners. Or you could get seperate cards.
Personally, I use the old Air2PC ATSC only cards you can get on ebay
for about $20. I've got 6 of them in my MythTV system. For the analog
cable, you'd probably want tuners with onboard mpeg2 encoding if you are
going to use more than a couple of them. Whichever you decide to get may
depend on what software you are planning to use with it. Since you're
running windows I can't help you much. I don't do windows, and I'm not
sure what cards it's compatable with multiple tuners. Maybe Beyond TV.