Old June 12th 05, 07:50 PM
Chris

Indeed, some bloggers focus on patehetic pleas and rants, disregarding
logic entirely, and making countless emotional appeals for their
particular flavor of thought.

Come to think of it, so do some newspaper editorial writers. So do some
newspaper reporters, and editors for that matter. And some politicians,
and some presidents...

about blogs:

http://www.jacc.com/articles/mktg22.htm

Very briefly, some blogs are worth reading, and some are not. I
probably wouldn't have known about this one except for the slashdot article.

Here's the slashdot article that led me to the previously link.
http://apple.slashdot.org/article.pl...&tid=179&tid=1

Phil Weldon wrote:
'Chris' wrote, in part: well, actually, he only posted a URL.

Interesting speculation. But don't blogs seem kinda pathetic?

Phil Weldon

"Chris" wrote in message
news:1118583535.a737c56f64f5180069823038f1e181d2@t eranews...

http://www.shapeofdays.com/2005/06/mac_os_x_on_int.html

Richard Hopkins wrote:

"Phil Weldon" wrote in message
thlink.net...

I do think that Apple OS will make the jump to x86. It would seem to
me that OSX for x86 would have a significant market worth more than
keeping the box closed.

Exactly, and that was my underlying point. They'll expect to pick up
market
share from many of the graphics/web/etc. bods, while also probably
trading
on OS-X's generally better (than Windoze) security.

What short term hardware sales losses they have to put up with in the
short
term they should make up for many times over by being able to break out
of
the niche they've occupied for the past howevermanyitis years, and into
the
mainstream PC market.

...although it'll probably also make Microsoft a little more competitive
too, so all in all good news, if/when it happens.