Old November 16th 04, 04:09 AM
kony

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 21:55:14 -0500, Little Joe
wrote:

Hello. i would like to add a 2nd HD to my GW E-6100. it currently has
a Maxtor 6Y160M0 SATA HD. My question is can i add a Western Dig 7200
160gig hd. i would like to use RAID which my comp says is supported
but it is turned off on the BIOS. how will i connect it to the
motherboard (will i use one ribbon to connect both hd's or seperate
ones. thanks

ps. i know just enough about working on a computer to be dangerous

I agree, RAID is not a good idea until you understand the
basics.

It's also not a good idea unless you have another means to
back up all that data.

You'd use a separate cable for another SATA, or a ribbon if
it's (P)ATA, you didn't mention which type the proposed
Western Digital is. Since you want RAID you should get
another SATA.