Old November 6th 03, 12:09 AM
Robert R Kircher, Jr.

Buddy of mine just got his Dell Axim X5 here at work
two days ago. I have been helping him set it up and
learn to use it.

He has the basic Axim X5 300 mhz unit.... and we are
running Exchange 5.5 and Outlook 2002 here at work....
and running Win XP Pro on the desktop

I did a brief search on Google and saw a lot of
messages that say public folders could not be synced
with ActiveSync alone.... and a 3rd party app was
needed..... but these messages were dated back in
March.

Is it STILL true that Active Sync alone wont sync
public folders and that a 3rd party app is needed?

John

Still True. Look into Intellasync by Pumasoft.

If it's just contacts then I suggest the add-in you can find on the MS
Office XP web site. I forget what it's called but basically it copies the
public folder contacts to you personal contact folder, assigning them a
category of the same name of the public folder and then you can sync the
contacts. I'm using it to sync over 500 contact from about 7 different
contact lists. It works great.

--

Rob