Old August 8th 05, 02:58 AM
Ben Myers

The computer belonged to a client, and had a lot of issues, shutting down
unexpectedly, etc. I installed an Intel-branded Pentium 4 board, partially
reinstalled XP, and the system is fine. I also had to reactivate Windows XP,
and needed to call Microsoft to do so because the motherboard did not have a
Compaq BIOS. The Microsoft person did not give me grief, gave me an activation
code. Client is happy with the result which is much faster and more reliable.

.... Ben Myers

On Sun, 07 Aug 2005 15:32:05 -0400, "AlexA6404" wrote:

Hi Ben

I assume by now you have figure out the correct connections, but, just in
case, the cable with separate wires is for the firewire card, the Ribbon
cable goes to the mother board (I assume it is for USB).

I also have a 7PL290 and my system hangs quite frequently. I have tried
many different thinks and none have worked so far. What symptom did you
have? What motherboard did you change to?

Thanks
- Alex