Old December 1st 03, 03:29 PM
Shirley A Sharan

On Mon, 01 Dec 2003 22:56:11 +1100, Albert Alcoceba
wrote:

On Sun, 30 Nov 2003 19:44:40 -0600, j walker wrote:

When I hit the search button on XP I always get the MSN search thing
which I find isn't all that good. Is there a way to have the search
engine of choice show up when I hit the icon on IE?

If you like Google you can get a script for IE so that it will use
Google when you click search. Download it from http://www.google.com/

Albert Alcoceba

http://www.racysrailway.com/
Remove REMOVE

You can also just put the link on your links toolbar by dragging the
Web Page's icon in the address bar onto the links bar (or drag from
your Favorites panel or your desktop if you have it there). This
prevents yet another bar on your IE interface window.

BTW, the icon for my google search address is the generic IE one, but
works fine when dragged.

I have my google address on the links bar and I think google is the
best search engine. Frankly, I think MSN search stinks!

HTH,
Shyrl