Old May 26th 04, 08:09 PM
HH

Not always. Software (controllerless) modems often are not detected by
Windows at all, or at best as an "unknown" device in Device Manager. That
may be true of your combo card as well.
HH

wrote in message
In comp.sys.laptops Sharmon wrote:
Works wonders when you read the page

Indeed. I've tried the NIC diver on the URL below -- it is a link
from their main list of drivers for the M700 which I gave in my first

post.

The thing that puzzles me is that the Windows device driver manager

identifies
no Network Adapters corresponding to the Ethernet card when it boots.
If the H/W is present it should see it and prompt for the correct driver,
if its not present on the Windows installer CD. Agreed?

Tom

Did you try the driver from Compaq? It's he

http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/fi...load/7792.html

HH

--
Tom Crane, Dept. Physics, Royal Holloway, University of London, Egham

Hill,
Egham, Surrey, TW20 0EX, England.
Email:
Fax: +44 (0) 1784 472794