Old October 27th 18, 12:27 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
[email protected]

Default Need IOGEAR KVM Manual

On Fri, 26 Oct 2018 19:41:27 -0400, wrote:

On Fri, 26 Oct 2018 11:12:26 -0500, VanguardLH wrote:

wrote:

On Thu, 25 Oct 2018 19:52:07 -0400,
wrote:

On Thu, 25 Oct 2018 19:29:23 -0400, John McGaw
wrote:

On 10/24/2018 7:18 AM,
wrote:
I need a manual or guide for this IOGEAR Sympathy KVM model GCS1774 I
have. It is not working right, and I need to find what I am doing
wrong. Anyone help me?
Thanx
Alan

I just had a random thought that might apply. I take it that you have
multiple USB ports on the W7 computer.

YES

Have you tried moving the USB plugs
on the KVM's hydra cable to different USB ports on the computer?

Tried it, Nada. Gas to reboot.

It could
be that the operating system is expecting them to be only on the previously
used back-panel ports and isn't properly detecting that they have moved. As
I wrote, just a random thought but it should only take a moment to test. I
seem to remember a problem years ago on an unknown MS OS where the keyboard
would only work on a particular USB port and refused to learn better.

Well, this AM I turned on both PCs with the keyboard and mouse USBs
plugged to KVM rear - mouse and keybord both would NOT work. I then
pluggged them to the KVM front - both worked! Weird. Then I turned
both PCs off and on again - both worked! Anyway, I am holding my
breath.
Thanks for ur helps, I'll remember u in my will.
AL

Just don't will to me that broken KVM.

The way it is now - I have the mouse & keyboard USBs plugged into the
KVM front ports. I wanted to plug an external hard drive into the KVM
to then be available to both PCs. It won't work. PCs do not see the
hard drive. I have to plug said drive into each PC manually. Damn!
Oh well.