Old November 19th 13, 03:22 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

Default USB 3.0 what a joke: The ports seem to have died and reverted to USB 2.0.

On Mon, 18 Nov 2013 09:31:17 -0800 (PST), RayLopez99
wrote:

The

ports seem to have died and reverted to USB 2.0. Always happens with
USB hubs, they go bad after a couple of years.

Nice while it lasted

RL

-
I've heard some pretty wild stories about USB3 for a SSD interface.
Outrageous speeds. But it'll revert if not nailed right the first
time within USB3 specifications. Class 10 flashsticks, I get 30Kb/s
@USB2. . .50 to 100Kb/s should be possible to sustain with USB3 and
the right gear. Flashsticks actually heat up at those speeds
(probably cook, too - no reversion necessary).