Old June 5th 04, 02:01 AM
Dennis Kessler

"doS" wrote:

If its a worm or trojan, it is trying to mail itself out, AVG is kinda sucky
also.

What's the problem with AVG?

"Dennis Kessler" wrote in message
Pat Blank wrote:

Dennis Kessler wrote in

I think not. I think it has to do with me enabling the keyboard 'easy
access buttons.' ...Much of the Compaq software was unchecked in the
msconfig startup tab. I check 'em to enabled the Compaq stuff, and it
seems like that is when the mail and the disk access problem began.

Also, I checked the computer with the lastest AVG anti-virus software.

Thanks.

-Dennis

Could be that the easy access keys are malfunctioning. If you disable
these and it stops then bingo.

I tried that. I think an email was created and is queued somewhere. The
email never does get sent (something is fortunatly not configured
right). I see on my router's log file that an smtp mail failed, each
time. I just don't know where to look to stop the queued mail. Also, it
might be related to the ongoing intermittent disk access.

-Dennis

--
Dennis Kessler
http://denniskessler.com/acupuncture