Old May 22nd 04, 06:01 PM
smh

Alex Nichol (MS MVP), were you also born
with "Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
(Does the "P" in MVP stand for "PRICK"?)

Alex Nichol (MS MVP) peep-squeaked:

It is not just Mike - SMH has a pathological obsessive hatred of
Roxio and their products. He was offensive to the point of obscenity
at two Roxio people who used to post and help here

Whatever happened to "unsubstantiated accusations"?

==========================
From: smh
Subject: Ezcd 3.5 & Win 2k - License Violation (1 of 2)
Date: 3/4/01

Alex Nichol (MS MVP) spewed:

... only makes inflammatory and
unsubstantiated accusations (especially at Adaptec) constantly -

Give one example of my "unsubstantiated accusations".
=========================

Does the "P" in MVP stand for "PRICK"?

Only a trashy company like cRoxio or Acraptec
lets loose in Usenet this utter trash.

Ezcd 3.5 & Win 2k - License Violation (2 of 2)

"Adrian Miller (cRoxio)" screamed (2/2/01):

Now, you are really showing your stupidity Sam. ECDC 3.5c is well documented
as causing total melt-down on Windows 2000 in many cases even with a special
patch that is no longer available. Without it, trashing the OS is almost
certain.

If you are stupid enough to follow Sam's advice in this matter I plead with
you to take a full system level backup first, as the likelihood that you
will have to re-format your hard drives is very high.

You forgot to mention that the use of 3.5c on Win 2k is in violation of
license agreement or something:

========================
From: Adrian Miller
Subject: ECDC 3.5 and Windows 2000
Date: 12/30/00

"Nil" wrote...

Adrian Miller said:

ECDC 3.5c was never supported on Windows 2000, we provided a method
to get it to work as a courtesy to Windows 2000 beta testers but
this was heavily abused resulting in a major mess when SP1 was
released and WMP7 was released, we withdrew the patch to prevent
things getting worse.

I found the procedure and the patches and all is working fine for me
again, as it has for the last 9 months. I plan to never install WMP7.

Please replace your software with newer versions such as ECDC 4.03.

No. Unless you would like to give me a copy or there is an inexpensive
upgrade.

The use of ECDC 3.5c on Windows 2000 was beta only and you were supposed
to use it only until purchasing ECDC 4.0x. The fact that you used it for
nine months instead of the one or two that you should have used it for
shows the type of abuse this beta patch was subjected to. The patch file
can only legally be obtained from Roxio, we withdrew it to prevent it
being abused further. If you have installed ECDC 3.5c on Windows 2000 do
not apply any Windows 2000 service packs as you system will not like it.

====================
From: Videoman
Date: 12/31/00

One would assume, that if one has a legal copy of ECDC 3.5c, and the mfg
posts a patch to allow it to work on W2K, then there is nothing illegal
or unethical about using said patch, to run said program, on said
operating system, as long as one wants to.

"only until purchasing 4.0x".. that's kind of disturbing. It's no longer
considered consumer choice to "upgrade", now it's considered manditory.
====================

( Note: The patch page referred to below was revised AFTER win2k )
( went Gold, and the word "beta" was never mentioned. )

From: Adrian Miller
Date: 12/31/00

It was stated that it was a temporary patch for use by Windows 2000 beta
testers, Windows 2000 beta program finished at the end of last year. The
use of ECDC 4.01 or below breaks many rules on Windows 2000 and has
serious conflicts with other newer software.

as an avid reader of this NG, one thing you gotta admit is
Adrian's got balls. Either that or he's outta his mind!