Old April 27th 20, 10:17 PM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Yousuf Khan[_2_]

Default Why is this folder so slow?

On 4/27/2020 2:03 PM, VanguardLH wrote:
What did you use to check if there were junctions defined within the
folder? For example, you could use Nirsoft's NTFSLinksView tool to scan
for junctions to list them. You can specify the start folder from where
to search, like the folder with the 500K+ files, or search from the root
folder of a drive (junctions cannot point to other drives). Alas, if
you pick the problematic folder, a scan will only show any junctions in
that folder, not those that point at that folder. You might want to
scan from the root folder, and then check if that folder is under a
junction. Windows has been using junctions for a long time, especially
when Microsoft decides to change the name of the special folder, like
changing "Documents and Settings", the old name, and "Documents", that
both point to C:\Users. Could be your problematic folder is under a
junction, like Documents.

I don't have to look for junctions, I know where they are. If there were
junctions here, I would have put them in myself, otherwise they aren't
there.

Yousuf Khan