Old May 6th 04, 08:19 PM
Richard

"Steve" wrote in message
On Wed, 5 May 2004 20:27:08 +0100, "Richard"
wrote:

I has a Fujitsu 6Gb HDsix years, never had a problem with it, no bad
sectors or anything. Had my Western 80Gb 7 months and it's developing

bad
sectors. Am I just unlucky to get a bad HD? Was made in Malaysia.

Western
is sending me a replacement.

My WD 80GB went south, too. Endless crashes and OS freezes.
I buy Samsung now, they have a 3 year warranty :-)

I'm pretty sure my HD had a natural fault. But I do wonder about excessive
heating. I might just arrange for better cooling, one never knows if that
might have been a factor. But, my Fugitsu was bolted into the exact same
place.