Old July 7th 17, 03:56 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Shadow[_2_]

Default computer fried--query about restoring on new used computer

On Tue, 4 Jul 2017 09:16:10 -0400, MZB wrote:

I bought an HP Probook 6570b laptop, used, years ago. Loved it. We had a
coffee spill and it fried my computer.
Ok, just ordered a used computer – same exact model – from Amazon (it’s
also used).

Sadly, I had a lot of stuff on the fried computer.

Now, I do regular image backups using Macrium Reflect Free.

My question: can I install Macrium Reflect Free on the computer I just
bought and restore my latest image from the fried computer and be
totally okay?

Probably

As an alternative, can I just put the HD from the old computer into the
new computer. Would everything be the same?

Yes, assuming the hardware is the same. Probably your best
bet, as the licenses might be tied to the HD serial number and I think
HP uses a "generic" OEM license.
Try it and tell us.
[]'s
--