Old December 28th 05, 05:57 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr

Default DVD+R vs. DVD-R

Mike Richter ) writes:
Drew wrote:
Is all the information about -R carry over for -RW?

The only carryover is that +RW and -RW are functionally equivalent for
most users. Neither is to be trusted for extended storage. They have
proved so far to be as unreliable if not quite as fragile as CD-RW.

Mike
--

http://www.mrichter.com/

RW had it's place. and saved my hide more than once with file transfers
of Corel files that could not be accessed from read-only meadia. It was
that or floppies, which sometimes didn't have the capacity. Now I'm got
the option of archiving to flash drives, which I hope have some sort of
longevity.

Brendan