Old December 27th 05, 10:32 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr

Default DVD+R vs. DVD-R

On Mon, 26 Dec 2005 21:53:21 -0800, Mike Richter
wrote:

J. Yazel wrote:
Is DVD+R better than DVD-R and if not why not?

I'm asking because there are certain economic advantages to go with
the +R but I don't have a clear picture of the pros and cons.

Thanks for any help .

Jack

While most modern drives will read +R and -R equally well, I've found
that European systems are more likely to be happy with +R, American ones
with -R. (I have too few data from other areas to generalize.) For most
purposes, they are equivalent but it may be relevant that most true
premium media on the market are -R.

Mike

Thanks for the info.

I would also be interested in what specifically would cause DVD to
be unreliable (from your other message).

Jack