Old April 7th 04, 10:01 PM
jesus X

On 4/7/2004 6:00 AM Opticreep cranked up the brainbox and said:
I'd hate to sound so newbie-ish, but what makes you say that it's a
crossover cable? I use that cable between the DSL modem and my PC
(without the router). That means it's a straight-through, doesn't it?
I thought crossover cables were only used if I was connecting one
computer directly into another computer with nothing else in-between.

While Glen is right and there are DSL adapters that come both ways, most come
wired ready to be plugged into a hub/switch/router. Thus, if you can connect it
to a PC directly, it's most likely a crossover cable. As Emil said, check the
colors of the wiring in the cable ends.

--
jesus X [ Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism. ]
email [ jesus_x @ mozillanews.org ]