Old April 7th 04, 01:30 AM
Opticreep

"William Tasso" wrote in message ...

Does the 40ft cable have the same config as the shorter cable? In other
words: is one of them a cross-over cable?

I don't think it's a cross-over cable. If it was, it wouldn't have
allowed connection between the DSL modem and the PC. The problem only
occurs if I use that same cable between the router and the PC.

Do the link lights come up?

The link lights come up, but it blinks all the time. My PC detects it
as "unplugged".

Do you have a cable tester? What does it say?

Sorry, I don't have a cable tester. I heard those things are
expensive. I only tested the cable by using it between the DSL modem
and PC, and it seemed fine.